Demystifying the Publication Process: A Primer on Publishing with Collections: A Journal for Museum and Archives Professionals
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
6 p.m.-7 p.m. CT
RSVP by April 26 to Brandy Ernzen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Juilee Decker is back! After participating in our "Breaking into Publishing" panel, Dr. Decker is offering a session specifically on preparing a manuscript submission for the journal Collections (SAGE).
This workshop will offer you professional guidance as you begin to make the transition from graduate student to emerging professional and author.
- Recognize the importance of publishing and sharing your ideas in the field
- Identify a personal objective for yourself in publishing
- Create an ORCID id to establish your scholarly identity
- Review the Collections journal’s scope and content
- Practice file naming conventions, assigning keywords, and organizing a file for submission, using a paper that you are completing now (or other document)
- Observe the process of submitting an article or book review to Collections
The session will close with time for questions. This will be a hands-on workshop. Attendees are asked to register in advance, and to bring example work (i.e., paper, book review) with them to the session.
Juilee Decker, Ph.D., is director of the Museum Studies Program at Rochester Institute of Technology and editor of Collections (SAGE).